In Feb. 2014 Kelli began her new venture in developing North Shore Candle Company.
I'm the youngest girl of five siblings and I spent most of my childhood shadowing my father. He had a large woodshop with every tool imaginable and taught me how to use most of his tools and work with my hands. I have always had a deep ethic for the environment. It was nestled in us at a young age to reduce, reuse and recycle as my father does with his home renovations, wood carvings and cutting boards. After years of frustration with our inability to recycle many types of glass here in Hawaii, I decided to create a line of product that honored the environment in Hawaii and is socially responsible. I also wanted to give people the opportunity to participate in waste diversion while bringing the nostalgic scents of Hawaii into their homes. The challenge of this process became my new passion. The icing is that I found a little niche and I could create all of it with my hands.
Our candles are made with 100% vegan soy wax set in recycled wine, sake, beer and baby bottle vessels. I use all flower and fruit natural plant based essential oil fragrances that are my own signature Hawaiian blends and all candle components are USA made. I inspect, hand select and cut each bottle that has been sourced here on the North Shore of Oahu.
After the life of the candle you have unique and stand alone piece of glassware that serves as a multipurpose vessel to use again and again. I have also introduced the candles in travel tins and mason jars to offer sleek and portable options for travelers and shoppers around the globe.
Features of our candles include:
- 100% vegan soy wax grown & harvested in the USA.
- 100% pure cotton wicks,(never metal or zinc cores-yikes!) made in the USA.
- hand-poured to order in small batches.
- dye, zinc, phthalate & paraben free.
- scented with all natural plant based essential oil fragrances that are our own signature Hawaiian blends.
- eco-friendly, biodegradable and sustainable.
- set in repurposed wine bottle vessels and travel tins that are reusable after the life of the candles as everyday glassware.
- Made with Love and Aloha!
It is my mission to deliver quality and goodness in everything I do.
*BRING HAWAII HOME*
A percentage of each sale goes to Sustainable Coastlines Hawaii to help clean, educate and protect our coastlines worldwide.